Israel Christian Tour 5 days Itinerary
Jerusalem. Bethlehem. Jericho. Nazareth. Sea of Galilee. Cana Capernaum. Baptismal Site. Jordan River.
Day 1: Arrival – Welcome to Israel
Welcome to the land of Israel for your Holy Land tour. We will meet you at the Ben Gurion airport, where one of our representatives will wait you in the arrival hall with your name sign, you can’t miss it. Transfer to your hotel with our company driver. We make sure checked in to your hotel and all set. You’ll have a chance to freshen up and, depending on your arrival time, explore the area around your hotel.
Private pickup from Ben Gurion airport. Transfer to Jerusalem hotel. Overnight in Jerusalem hotel
Day 2: Jerusalem Old and New
Our journey starts off in the Old City of Jerusalem the Mount of Olives. A mountain ridge beside Jerusalem’s Old City, where in past history it was abundant with Olive groves, but not today, hence its name. The mount has been used as a Jewish cemetery for many centuries, and due to its relationship to Jesus and Mary, it is an important place of worship for Christians. The view from the Mount of Olives is amazing as we see the Old City and the Dome of the Rock situated on the Temple Mount. The Dome of the Rock is a shrine erected by the Muslims in 691 AD and is noticeable due to its gold-plated dome roof. This is not the building Jesus would have seen. In his time he would be looking at Herod’s Temple. The Jews constructed the Temple in 515 BC and during Herod the Great’s reign it was extended and refurbished. The temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD.
At the bottom of the steep hill, we approach the Garden of Gethsemane. According to the New Testament, Jesus spent his last night praying while his disciples slept. The next day, Jesus of Nazareth was crucified.
Let’s move on to the Old city by getting out at the Zion Gate, bypassing the Jewish quarter and finally arriving at the ancient Byzantine Cardo. Much of it was demolished and hardly used for 1,000 years until the Crusaders filled the area with shops. Shopping for tourists continues today, with modern shops surrounded by construction dating back one and a half centuries.
Our trip continues at the Western Wall, an ancient limestone wall erected as part of Herod’s extension and refurbishment plans. It is also known as The Kotel or the Wailing Wall, erected by Herod the Great. The Jews have been praying on this holy site since 70 BC.
The Via Dolorosa, also known as the Way of the Cross, is a route taken by pilgrims visiting the Holy Sepulchre. This church was built on the site where Jesus was crucified and where his burial tomb lies. Much of the church was burnt down and ruined during the Persian and Muslim conquests. Since then, as a Crusader church, it has been restored and renovated to its former glory.
Let’s go through the market, out of the Java Gate leaving the Old City behind us. Our next destination is towards the New City. There we can have a look at Yad Vashen, the Holocaust Museum. There is plenty to see here, giving you an understanding of the horrors as to what happened to the Jews who suffered in Europe during the Second World War.
• In Jerusalem, it is strongly advised to dress modestly.
• If for any reason that in any part of our tour, a planned visit to a building is closed, we will make arrangements for you to visit an alternative place.
Breakfast in Jerusalem hotel. Pickup from Jerusalem hotel. Full transfer during the group tour. Visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem. Government licensed tour guide in English. Entrance fees to all visited sited according to the itinerary. Return transfer to Jerusalem hotel. Overnight in Jerusalem hotel.
Day 3: Bethlehem and Jericho
From Jerusalem we take a trip southbound to the Dead Sea passing the Inn of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37) and carry on through the Biblical wilderness of the Judean desert, passing Wadi Kelt we can have a look at the 5th-century Monastery of Saint George.
Take a glance at the sign indicating the point of ‘sea level’ as we proceed with our travels towards Jericho being 258 meters below sea level. A historical city stated often in the New Testament and the Old Testament, for example, Joshua led his trips around the city walls until they fell(Joshua 6). Jesus entered Jericho, while the tax collector climbed up a sycamore tree so that he could get a better view of Jesus. We can view this ancient tree, as it still exists.
Not far from here is Mount Temptation where Jesus spent forty days and forty nights. The devil tried to turn Jesus away from God. Jesus resisted temptation and said, “Man shall not live by bread alone.” (Mathew 4: 1-4)
We return back in the direction of Jerusalem past the Judean Mountains to Bethlehem, where lived Jesse, King David’s father and is the birthplace of Jesus. (Mathew 2:1).
We approach Manger Square and enter the Church of the Nativity through a small door. Constructed in the 4th century, this church has been through some renovations and restorations from the 6th century up to recently. Situated below it is the grotto where the birth of Jesus took place.
Inside the church, we have a star marking the place where Jesus was born. There is also an altar commemorating the three wise men. Our next part of the journey is Crusader Church of Saint Catherine. Here lies the Grotto below where Saint Jerome religiously translated the bible from Hebrew to Latin. Achieving what is known as the Vulgate.
Finally, we reach Shepherd’s field in Bethlehem. This is where an Angel of the Lord approached the Shepherds on Christmas eve to inform them of the birth of Jesus Christ, the son of God.
• Change of vehicle required for transfers of pick up /drop off destinations to save time, avoid traffic and delay!
• In Jericho, the guiding language is English only.
• Please be at your pick up point on time. There might be some delay (up to 20 minutes) due to traffic or other operational issues.
• This tour is subject to Palestinian Authority regulations.
• Passport compulsory.
• Change of vehicle may be required for entry to Palestinian Authority territory.
• Recommended good walking shoes, hat & water.
• Modest dress: Covered shoulders/ no shorts are required for the holy sites.
On this tour, we go southbound towards the Dead Sea passing the Inn of the good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37) and then onto the Judean desert often referred to in the bible. Passing through Wadi Kelt we bypass the 5th-century monastery of Saint George.
Day 4: Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Jordan River Baptismal site
Our journey begins passing by Herzliya and Natanya going North with coastal views of the Mediterranean. We then proceed inland bypassing the valley of Armageddon (Revelations 16:6). At this location we see Magiddo. On route towards Nazareth, we have a look at the Mt of Precipitation (Luke 4:28-30).
As we enter Nazareth we take a visit to the Church of Annunciation, built on the location where Gabriel the Angel appeared and told Mary she would soon have a son called Jesus. (Luke 1:26) Next to this church is the Church of Saint Joseph. This church was built on the same location where Jesus’s father had his carpentry workshop. Departing from Nazareth we eventually arrive at the Sea of Galilee and pass Cana. At Cana water was turned into wine by Jesus. Approaching Mount of Beatitudes we call into Caperneum on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. This the shore where Jesus walked along the water on calmed water. (Mark 4:35-41). We will visit the place where Peter lived and the church of Multiplication.
Passing the city of Tiberius, named after the Roman emperor, we have an inspiring view of the Golam Heights.
Proceed to Yardenit, situated on the banks of the Jordan River, flowing forth from the Sea of Galilee, the baptismal site of Yardenit welcomes over half a million tourists and pilgrims annually who come to experience the spirituality and pastoral beauty of the waters of the River Jordan, in which Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.
According to the Christian faith, the Jordan River YARDENIT is considered the third most holy site in the Holy Land, just after Nativity Grotto in Bethlehem and Golgotha in Jerusalem, because it is the site of the most important event of Jesus’ life – his baptism and beginning of his ministry. The site offers 12 separate baptismal pools, enabling different groups to comfortably conduct private worship ceremonies. Return transfer to hotel in Tel Aviv after the tour.
• Change of vehicle may be required for transfers of pick up / drop off destinations to save time, avoid traffic and delay.
• Modest dress is required for holy places.
Breakfast in Jerusalem hotel. Pickup from Jerusalem hotel. Full transfer during the group tour. Visit Nazareth, Galilee, Yardenit. Government licensed tour guide in English. Entrance fees to all visited sited according to the itinerary. Return transfer to Tel Aviv hotel after the tour. Overnight in Tel Aviv hotel.
Day 5: Departure – Flight back home
On this final day, we will transfer you to the Ben Gurion airport for your journey home. Our driver will pick you up from your hotel 4 hours before the flight, to transfer you to Ben Gurion airport.
Having sampled a variety of what Israel, Holy Land has to offer, we are sure that you will keep fond memories of your spiritual adventure with us. If you ever want to repeat the authentic experience and spiritual feelings, we always will be here to assist you.
Breakfast in Tel Aviv hotel. Pickup from Tel Aviv hotel. Private transfer to Ben Gurion airport.
Israel Christian tour package 5 days includes:
• Pickup from Ben Gurion airport on your arrival day and transfer to a hotel in Jerusalem
• Pickup from hotel in Tel Aviv on your departure day and transfer to Ben Gurion airport
• Pickup from your Jerusalem / Tel Aviv hotel daily to join the group tours
• Return transfer daily to your Jerusalem / Tel Aviv hotel after the group tours
• 3 full day group tours according to the Tour package daily itinerary
• Jerusalem Old and New full day tour
• Bethlehem and Jericho tour
• Nazareth, Tiberius, Sea of Galilee area churches and Jordan River Baptismal Site Tour
• English speaking Tour Guides that knows the Bible and Christian sites and teachings
• Professional Tour Guides Certified by the Israeli Ministry of Tourism
• Entrance fees to all sites as per Tour package 5 day itinerary
• 3 nights in Jerusalem hotel in double room including breakfasts ( Jerusalem Gold hotel or similar )
• 1 night in Tel Aviv hotel in double room including breakfast ( Tel Aviv Imperial hotel or similar )
• Breakfast included in hotel – Daily Israeli Buffet
• All not mentioned in includes – excluded from the tour package
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
• You can star your tour any day you want, according to your flight details
• Guaranteed availability – Always available to book the tour package
• One step booking super easy secure system
• Instant payment and booking confirmation will be sent to your email
• Detailed confirmation voucher will be provided within 72 hours
• Price is per person in double sharing room
• Single supplement of 65% will be applied for solo travelers
• Lunches not included ( you will have a lunch break during the tours ) you can buy or bring your lunch in advance
• Pickup from Jerusalem hotels at 08:30 am – 09.00 am to Jerusalem tour / Return estimated time 18:00 pm
• Pickup from Jerusalem hotels at 08:30 am – 09.00 am to Betlehem and Jericho tour / Return estimated time 18:00 pm
• Pickup from Jerusalem hotels at 05:50 am – 6.20 am to Nazareth tour / Return estimated time 18:00 pm
• Dinners in Israel are available for extra supplement. Jerusalem and Tel Aviv both have thriving culinary scenes and most of our guests like to take advantage of the city’s many famous restaurants
• Return pickup transfer from your hotel will be 4 hours before your flight. 3 hours before the flight guests must be in Ben Gurion airport
Cancellation at any time 10% of total price.
Cancellation less than two months before the arrival day 50% of total price charge
Cancellation less than a month before the arrival day 75% of total price charge
Cancellation less than a week before the arrival day 100% of total price full charge
Cancellation / Reschedule terms are the same
Any unused services fully non refundable