We exit Jerusalem on a trip southbound towards the Dead Sea. In the way we pass by tr Inn of the Good Samaritan, a notice informing us that we are at the point of Sea level. We also benefit an excellent sight of Jericho at a distance. Jericho, often mentioned in the bible. For example the falling of the city walls caused by Joshua and his troops, and where the blind where the blind were cured by Jesus. (Joshua 6).
We finally reach the Dead Sea, the lowest point in the world at 400 meters below sea level. A centuries-old therapeutic health centre for centuries going back to King Herod and Cleopatra. Harmful ultraviolet rays are reduced here at the Dead Sea thanks to it being the furthest distance away from the sun, allowing the more beneficial infrared rays to soak into the body.
Visitors enjoy breathing in the beneficial non-allergenic, invigorating fresh air of the Dead Sea. This densely salty water prevents any form of life living here, hence its name, The Dead Sea. People enjoy the black mud by covering their bodies from head to toe in it. known to be healthy and useful for all kinds of ailments. Medicines and cosmetics are created from minerals such as magnesium from the Dead Sea. Time to relax and float in the Dead Sea where there is no chance you will sink in the water for long.
We end our day going back towards Jerusalem passing the Qumran caves on the way. This is where the 2000-year-old scrolls of the Dead Sea were found.
• Entrance fee to resort included in listed price.
• Natural treatments and massage prices are not included but need to be ordered in advance, for details contact our operation team.
• Recommended hats, bathing suits, towels, comfortable shoes.
• Change of vehicle required for transfers of pick up /drop off destinations to save time, avoid traffic and delay.
Pickup from your hotel lobby or any other location upon request
Return transfer to your pickup point or any other location upon request
All transfers in A/C vehicles according to the tour itinerary
Government licensed tour guide in your chosen language
All entrance fees to all sites visited according to the tour itinerary
Dead Sea fully equipped beach entrance fee
• Tour duration is up to 11 hours
• Lunch break for 30-40 minutes, including shopping time.
• Estimated return time to Tel Aviv 18:00 / Jerusalem 17:30
• Recommended for this tour: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, sun screen, towels, swimming suite and drinking water.
• Guaranteed availability
• One step booking system – Book Now Online
• Instant payment and booking confirmation
The Dead Sea is a natural wonder and has many therapeutic qualities but it also can be dangerous. For preserving your safety and wellbeing we recommend you read following instructions carefully:
1. When entering the sea it is recommended to do as very slowly as the ground mud is very slippery and one tends to sink in .Be cautious not to splash when swimming as the sea is highly salty. If the water gets in your eyes, get out carefully and wash your eyes with fresh water as soon as you can.
2. Do not swallow the water.
3. It is recommended to be in the water no longer than 20 minutes; the same can be said about the Mud. (You can smear the mineral rich mud from the sea ground all over your body, including your face).Once it dries, wash it off thoroughly.
4. Thereafter proceed to wash yourself in the fresh water showers nearby off the shore.
5. Regarding jewelries or any precious item (watches pendants earrings etc) – if you are not sure your jewelry is pure gold, it is recommended to remove it before entering the water as the High salt content can ruin other metals and fine mechanisms.
6. The shore we visit is well facilitated with Hot & Cold showers, safety lockers (for a deposit) and changing rooms. As well as life guard presence and first aid.
7. You should not go barefooted at all times: Sandals or thongs are required, the sand/ ground surface is extremely hot especially in the summer season, and there is considerable walking until the shore edge.
8. June-September, extreme temperature (above 40 Celsius), take precautions accordingly (hat, sunscreen, water).
“There is no place like Jerusalem in the world. The sacredness, the religions, the atmosphere that surrounds the city. Fun and fascinating trip. Also Bethlehem, an amazing place that must visit. Highly recommend this trip!”